Saturday, January 31, 2009

Introducing Myself-The Cooking Geek

I know your profile does some of the work of an introduction but surely not enough to make you want to say. Hey! Who is this guy and why should I read his blog?

This might not give you much more but here goes.

I am just about to crack the big 50. I love to cook and I really really love cooking gadgets. My kitchen looks like an as seen on TV store. 

 I'm a caretaker for a friend who has pancreatic cancer and lives with me and my wife. My wife works out of town all week and is home on the weekends. All of our childre have moved out, one as far as France. Not because I am such a horrible cook. Because she wants to teach French. They do have some great kitchen stuff in France and my wife brings me home stuff every time she goes to visit our daughter.

My wife is a vegetarian and our friend is a diabetic so my cooking skills get tested regularly.

OK...so here I am home with a very ill friend, an out of town wife, 4 dogs, 7 cats, 2 donkeys, 3 goats and 5 chickens. Hence my fondness for cooking gadgets.

My goal here is to tell you about the fun I am having with the gadgets I use. Which gives me a good excuse to buy more and before too long, expand the kitchen to hold the gadgets. Thanks for being my inspiration.

Please don't tell my wife.

1 comment:

  1. wow! I never expected you to start a blog! cool! lol, love you!!!

    ReplyDelete